Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lucky #13- Susan

(There is no duplicate meaning with this being lucky #13, it was just going to happen regardless...) When I first moved to Queen Creek, I was put in primary as the chorister three weeks later (shocker, I know). In my ward in Gilbert I'd already put in a year as the chorister, and would end up putting in almost 2 in this ward, but that's another story. Anyway, being new in a ward is tough, but the people you work with in your calling become your little support group quickly. Susan was my pianist and she was so sweet. We actually didn't get too close until after we both got released (she was called as the RS President and I was put in YW), and I was assigned as her visiting teacher. Being her VT for 10 months was one of the best (luckiest) experiences I have ever had as a VT. I would help her and serve her, but she was always willing to listen to me and be my friend. We would talk about books and life and everything. Even though she is super busy with her calling and her four kids and everything else she does, she's always willing to help me when I need it. Now that we're so much closer, I wish we were back in primary together again so we could see each other every Sunday and whisper together behind the piano again.

No comments: