Saturday, January 31, 2009

Valentine's Day Swap

My sweet friend Taina told me about this blog that was hosting a Valentine's Day Swap. It's a bit similar to a secret santa thing, except it's not secret and it's not about Christmas. I was paired up with a lady in Tennessee. I had a great time working on all of her gifts and getting them together. Here's what that lucky lady should have received some time this last week.
Let me tell you about all those gooodies you see there. We have the votives up front, the valentine note cards to the right, the heartshaped measuring spoons in the middle-ish, the cute heart bag in the back, and the magnetic clothespins up front. They were pretty fun to make and pretty easy too. Here, see them up close.
Taina and I brainstormed together some ideas and worked on a lot of the projects together. She looked through her Hershey's Desserts Cookbook and found us some fun "lovey" recipes. We typed about 10 of them up and bound them in a little love recipe book. Mostly, just chocolatey, sweet treats.
Then we also made a little holiday sign for our ladies to hang in their homes. I made one for me too and I hang it on one of my wreath stands, but you could also tack it up somewhere or hang it form a door handle too.
I got the idea for this sign in my Creating Keepsakes magazine on an ad for Doodlebug. Well, on that same ad they had the most ADORABLE table runner. So I mixed it up a bit and made one for her (and me, too!). I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out, considering how persnickety that darn pink fabric was!
So it all turned out pretty well and I hope she loves it all!

2 comments:

Ryan and Bethany said...

You are truly creative! I am so impressed! Is there nothing you can't do?!

Staci said...

I seriously need lessons on creativity from you Katie. What a lucky lady that will be getting that package.
You have to show us what your secret valentine sent you.