I think the only thing more annoying than calling and going through all of the "press 2 if" or "press 4 if" nonsense is when they don't even let you push numbers- they want you to say it aloud to the annoying computer lady. I'm sorry, can I just push buttons? I feel like a moron talking to a computer, when she usually doesn't even understand what I'm trying to tell her!
So I get through that lady to a customer service person to find out that number isn't even the number to pay the bill! So he gives me a different number. Thank heavens this number is all automated button pushing. So I finally get to my cozy waiting for a representative point and every three seconds it keeps telling me "your call is very important to us, please keep holding....blah blah BLAH" you know what they say. Every three seconds! It was driving me mad. Just give me some elevator music and leave me alone, I can handle waiting. Then after waiting, probably only a few minutes, it tells me something to the effect of sorry they didn't get to me, please leave your name, number and customer number and they will call me back in one business day. No option to keep holding. So now, I'm back at square one! I didn't leave any message because I NEVER answer 800 numbers and then I'd have to call them back and wait again.
What started out as a calm, relaxing day for me turned into a stress-induced phone coma because these companies are too dang archaic to just have a pay online website!
Report Card:
- Exhaustion level- low (before phone calling, high after!)
- Rest level- medium
- Accomplishment level- high (before phone calling, medium after!)
- Baby- pretty calm today



1 comment:
I hate yelling slowly like an weirdo into those things. Have you thought about online bill pay?
Post a Comment