It's a story paralleling the Nativity to a parent's welcoming of and longing for a baby. The pictures are beautiful, the words are amazing. It perfectly echoed how we felt about Johnathon's arrival. So, go ahead, grab a kleenex (my sisters say I need to start adding disclaimers), you're going to need one.
Little one, we knew you'd come.
We hoped. We dreamed. We watched for you.
We counted the days till you were due.
We waited. How we longed for you,
And the day that you were born.
Little one, we knew you'd come.
It was late at night. The time had come.
The time for you to come, my love.
You'll be here soon. We're ready for you,
And the day that you were born.
Little one, we knew you'd come.
By silver stars and golden moon,
At break of dawn, you came.
Kiss your nose, those tiny toes,
On the day that you were born.
Little one, we knew you'd come.
People were sleeping. We didn't care.
Good news, we sang, our baby is here!
Our baby has come, our darling one,
Oh, the day that you were born.
Little one, we knew you'd come.
Kiss and cuddle and love the baby.
Scoop that baby up.
And softly sing a lullaby,
On the day that you were born.
Little one...
...we knew you'd come.
And every year, we remember you,
Our miracle child, our dreams come true.
Oh, how we thank Heaven for you,
And the day that you were born.
Little one, we're so glad you've come!




2 comments:
Thank you for the disclaimer. I was way prepared this time! I love the line that talked about not caring the time the baby arrived. The 3 am text confirms that, but I wouldn't have had it any other way! I was so glad to have my phone by my ear and wake up knowing Johnathon arrived! Cried when I read it! Best text ever! (And to say that when I received it in a deep sleep is amazing, as I hate waking up in the middle of good sleep :) )
Glory be to God.
Aunt Lana
Post a Comment